Clear Aligner Braces
Do you envision a straighter, more organised smile when you look in the mirror? Maybe you never wore traditional braces at a younger age or didn’t want to clean around all of the rubber bands and wires slowly shifting your teeth into alignment. Well, we have good news! At Burwood Diamond Dental, our patients can straighten their teeth with clear aligners or ‘invisible braces’ that deliver exceptionally straight smiles.
How Do Invisible Braces Work?
Some find it hard to imagine that teeth alignment can occur without all of the ‘hardware’ you may have seen while growing up attending school. Still, thanks to modern advancements in dental orthodontics, patients can replace metal wires and rubber bands with clear aligner trays.
At Burwood Diamond Dental, we offer our patients two fantastic options for ‘invisible’ teeth alignment –a domestic, Australian made treatment called SmileStyler and another well-known teeth alignment solution called Invisalign. Both involve incredibly similar processes and rely on sets of clear aligner trays that gently shift teeth into alignment:
- The process begins with an intraoral 3-D mouth scan used to great a series of trays specific to a patient’s unique smile
- Afterwards, patients will wear their aligner trays all day and night for a period specified by their dentist. Please note that patients should only remove their trays for brushing, flossing, eating or cleaning their aligners.
- Patients will progress through a specified series of aligner trays until their teeth reach the predetermined alignment.
Dr Khoshamadi and our friendly staff can offer advice and monitor progress during the treatment to ensure optimal results. Please don’t hesitate to call our clinic on (02) 9747 6835 if you have questions during your clear aligner treatment.
Getting the Most from Your Clear Aligners
Our staff at Burwood Diamond Dental can offer patients wishing to achieve straighter smiles a few tips and tricks to get the most out of their treatments.
- Be sure to remove trays while eating or drinking any fluids (except for water)
- Keeping your teeth and aligner trays clean will help safeguard your oral health during the treatment.
- We advise patients to avoid smoking tobacco products during the alignment process.
- Clean aligner trays in cold water with a gentle scrubbing agent and a soft brush
- Don’t clean aligner trays in the dishwasher.
- Eat a diet that is friendly to your oral health.
- Store aligner trays in their designated container to avoid throwing away with rubbish or getting lost
Why Should I Consider Invisible Braces?
For many, a straighter smile can provide several benefits beyond an improved cosmetic appearance. Straightened teeth give patients a better chance of cleaning their teeth and removing plaque and bacteria. Crooked teeth may provide harder to reach places for an ordinary toothbrush, causing more significant cavities and decay.
- Your gums may also benefit from straighter teeth, as they lessen the risk for periodontal disease by creating adequate spacing between teeth.
- Some patients may experience heightened self-esteem after straightening their teeth.
- Patients feeling embarrassed or unwilling to deal with the hassle of traditional braces can achieve similar results by undergoing treatment with clear aligner trays.
These factors contribute to an overall increase in oral health and a sense of well-being for our patients in Burwood and Sydney’s Inner West.
Straighten Your Smile with Us at Burwood Diamond Dental
We warmly invite all patients wishing to achieve the look they’ve always wanted to arrange a consultation with our friendly staff to see if invisible braces can work for their smiles. You can arrange an appointment online or call us on (02) 9747 6835 for more information.