Crowns and Bridges
Are you starting to notice sensitivity or pain in some of your teeth? Or maybe you’ve dealt with a missing tooth for a while. In either situation, replacing or repairing teeth can considerably benefit your overall oral health and make everyday living easier. Some patients may benefit from dental crowns or bridges to fix or partially rebuild their smiles.
What Are Dental Crowns and Bridges?
Dentists can generally provide several options when patients suffer from damaged or missing teeth. In many cases, dental crowns and bridges can offer viable solutions that restore natural look and function. So what is a dental crown or dental bridge exactly?
Dental crowns sit on top of a previously damaged tooth. A dentist will shape and remove any decay or damage and place a custom-milled dental crown on top that seamlessly blends in with the rest of a patient’s teeth.
- Dental bridges consist of a row of dental crowns–two placed on the teeth surrounding a gap left by a missing tooth and one crown filling the space.
- Dental crowns and bridges look and function just like regular teeth and can last for years with proper care and upkeep.
Who Can Benefit From Dental Crowns?
With various treatments available, Dr Khoshamadi and our team of dentists can make a full assessment to determine if dental crowns are suitable for you. Still, in many cases, dental crowns can help patients with structurally compromised teeth who suffer from the following symptoms:
- Painful cracked or chipped teeth
- Teeth beginning the process of decay
- An isolated, missing tooth surrounded by natural teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Worn down from clenching or grinding
Dental Crowns and Bridges in Burwood, NSW
Our friendly staff at Burwood Diamond Dental strives to restore optimal oral appearance and function. Patients from Burwood and Sydney’s Inner West can expect quality care and transparency of information during an initial consultation. We can place life-like dental crowns and bridges that transform smiles and help patients avoid further pain and eat some of their favourite foods without worry. If you think dental crowns might be the right solution for you and your smile, our team is available at (02) 9747 6835.
Restoring Your Smile with Dental Crowns and Bridges in Burwood
After undergoing a successful dental crown or dental bridge treatment, patients can expect quite a few benefits associated with their new smile, some of which include:
- Filled in gaps and support for adjacent teeth
- A fresh, restored cosmetic appearance
- Pain relief in teeth damaged by decay or trauma
- Avoidance of tooth extraction (in some cases, crowns can save severely damaged teeth)
- Patients can easily maintain their crowns and bridges and keep them in great shape for years!
In addition, patients can use a few helpful tips and tricks to maintain their crowns and bridges:
- Brush, floss, and use mouthwash twice a day
- Avoid drinks like coffee and wine that can stain crowns and bridges
- Eat a diet that is friendly to your oral health, full of fruits and vegetables
- Visit a dentist twice a year for routine checkups
Contact Our Dental Practice in Burwood
Dental crowns and bridges offer versatile solutions for a wide variety of common problems that we come across daily. We warmly invite patients interested in restoring their smiles to schedule an initial consultation with our friendly team.